What Are The Benefits of Bamboo Sheets?
Have you been wondering about the benefits of premium quality bamboo bedding made from 100% sustainably sourced bamboo?
Organic bamboo bedding, like bamboo bed sheets, bamboo comforters, and bamboo duvet covers, has all become increasingly popular within the past few years, partly due to its eco-friendliness and reduced carbon footprint. Bamboo bedding is relatively new, so we've compiled a list of the benefits you can expect when you switch in your bed sheets for bamboo.
Benefits of Bamboo Sheets
First, it's important to note that before sheets can be made out of bamboo, it needs to be processed into a textile. Bamboo is typically made into rayon, viscose or lyocell, which are man-made natural fibres - meaning the origin is natural but it has been processed, unlike cotton counterparts. So don't be confused if you see bamboo rayon material in bamboo fabrics. Rayon just relates to the way the bamboo has been processed.
The Benefits Are Endless:
- Sheets made of bamboo fabric are extremely resilient and durable as the strong bamboo fibres can withstand nearly anything daily life throws at them. These sheets have been known to last for up to 15 years because of the long fibres present in both the bamboo and cotton plant. Tip: To be able to maximize its lifespan, make sure to take note of the care instructions that go with your sheets and some vary between products.
- Bamboo sheets are incredibly soft and pleasant to the touch and are even softer than pricey traditional cotton sheets.
- Bamboo bed sheets have a silky feel to them but unlike silk, the material isn't slippery at all. It is naturally light and breathable especially because of its moisture-wicking capabilities.
- Bamboo bedding is also thermo-regulating and breathable, so you stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- When growing bamboo, there's no need for pesticides or fertilizers, resulting in environmentally-friendly textiles like bedsheets and bamboo linen in general.
- Bamboo itself has a natural resistance to dust mites and fungi infestation. This characteristic makes bamboo sheets (unlike cotton sheets) one great option for a lot of people with sensitive skin or allergies as they are hypoallergenic, antimicrobial, and antibacterial.
- Its aforementioned moisture-wicking ability also prevents the growth of bacteria in your bedding which in turn, prevents odours from clinging to your sheets, a benefit a lot of individuals overlook.
Bamboo vs. Cotton Bed Sheets
Types of Bamboo Fiber
The wide majority of these types of sheets are made using bamboo rayon. This is pretty much the first generation when it comes to cellulosic fibres. There are quite a lot of different processes that are used for the manufacturing of bamboo rayon sheets, and the bamboo fabrics all differ regarding their overall environmental impact.
Snoozy Monk sheets are Standard 100 OEKO-TEX® certified and are guaranteed to be chemical free. This is one of the highest labels for textiles and ensures the customers’ utmost safety.
Tencel Bamboo (Lyocell)
Bamboo Lyocell is one of the most contemporary and sustainable textile materials which are used in our century. There are no residues of chemicals left in the threads and environment as the solutions are non-toxic and non-hazardous. These fabrics are also particularly comfortable, ideal for a great night's sleep.
The manufacturing process which is used to produce this linen is used to produce regular linen as well. It is a sustainable fabric but it is known for being prone to wrinkles, and it’s not very soft. It sleeps very coolly, though.
Ready To Get A Better Night's Sleep?
Out of all of the reasons and benefits of cotton, silk, or linen materials, none compare to those of bamboo products, especially when you consider the many benefits of bamboo. Bamboo uses less water than cotton, requires no pesticides or fertilizers (unlike cotton) and grows back incredibly fast (also, unlike cotton), making them a great eco-friendly, vegan-friendly alternative. Bamboo sheets are not only eco-friendly but are ideal for those who sleep hot (or cold), or those who have sensitive skin or allergies because bamboo sheets can help regulate your core body temperature and are hypoallergenic while giving your sleep the ultimate softness and comfort. They are antimicrobial and antibacterial so you don't have to worry about aggravating your allergies while maintaining fresher bed sheets for much longer than cotton fabric sheets.
Snoozy Monk Can Help You
Here at Snoozy Monk, we offer high-quality, cost-effective bamboo bedding solutions. From Queen and King bamboo sheets to cozy duvet covers, we specialize in providing optimal comfort to our customers who are looking for an alternative to soft, cotton sheets. The difference in touch and quality of sleep will blow you away. Contact our team today to learn more about our bamboo bed sheets and how our 60-day trial works! Our one-of-a-kind sheets are shipped to your front door the day you order them so you can start sleeping better quickly.